Mashhad is the second most populous city in Iran and the capital of Razavi Khorasan Province. It is located in the northeast of the country, near the borders with Turkmenistanand Afghanistan. It has a population of 3,001,184 inhabitant in2016.
Mashhad features a steppe climate with hot summers and cool winters. Summers are typically hot and dry, with high temperatures sometimes exceeding 35 °C. Winters are typically cool to cold and somewhat damper, with overnight lows routinely dropping below freezing.
Main sites in Mashhad city near it are:
- Imam Reza shrine (center of Mashhad)
- the tomb of Nader Shah
- Kooh Sangipark (in Mashhad)
- Khajeh Morad
- Ferdowsitomb(it’s located in Tous, it’s a city near Mashhad)
- Neyshabur( it’s a city near Mashhad and it has beautiful sightseeing such as Mausoleum of Omar Khayyám, Mausoleum of Attar of Neyshabur, The tomb of Kamal-ol-Molk, Wooden Mosque of Neyshabour)
- Torghabeh (touristic and good site for handy crafts it’s out of Mashhad)